Have you tried to write your newsletter regularly?
It’s difficult, isn’t it? You have lots of excuses like not enough time, poor writing skills, no ideas, nobody reads it, etc. But it can be easier than you think.
Here are a few tips that will make writing a newsletter easier.
1.Keep it short (as little as one tip in a newsletter but expand it.) People don’t all take the time to read books but they do read magazines because the articles are shorter.
2. Make the tip useful. Tell readers how you know it works. Lots of your clients have problems and this is one of the many tips you give out.
3. This could be a “hot” topic for the industry.
4. Use links to others’ articles on this but remember to acknowledge them as author.
5. Tell people what you want them to do. For example you may tell them to call and book an appointment.
6. Include your current promotion and a deadline if possible.
7. Proofread it. Read it aloud if no one can proofread it for you.
8. Read it again from your client’s perspective.
9. Spell out the full words for all acronyms. You could put the acronym in a bracket.
10. Have a catchy title.
11. Curate information you’ve read. People don’t have time to read everything so tell them the “must read” articles.
12. Put links to your blog posts on a particular topic. Then you write once and publish twice!
Get it done! It doesn’t do any good in your head – send it out!
Do you have an idea of something that worked for you? Share it.