February is here and love is in the air. Flower shops and chocolate stores will have lots of sales. Most people get cards so the greeting card industry flourishes.
But people should show love all year especially in business. It’s actually delivering great customer service.
Here are five ways to show that you’re always thinking of your clients.
1. Send a heartfelt message (when they buy). Your message shouldn’t have any sales pitch behind it; you simply want to tell your customers how much you appreciate them. You can do that in a couple of ways:
- Send an ecard
- Mail a physical card (write a note in it. Don’t just sign your name.
2. Spread love this month. Mail your clients a Valentine’s card. When you take your focus away from selling and put it on giving (even if it’s just giving customers something to look at), they’ll want to come back.
3. Ask them what they want. One of the best gifts you can give your clients is your attention. How can you better deliver what they want from you? Ask them to find out. Send a brief survey to find out what services they like, what might be keeping them from buying them, what they think of your prices, and any suggestions they have for other things they’d like you to offer.
4. Have in person “coffee dates”. When’s the last time you actually spent face-time not talking about work? Book coffee or tea dates with your clients and spend each meeting just building on the relationship, not trying to sell. You’ll be surprised what you might find out about them.
5. Offer incentives to buy again. One strategy for building customer loyalty as well as providing great customer service is to create attractive offers to past clients. That could be anything from 25% off of their next order to a gift card.
Do this …
Pick one of your goals for the next year. Now think about one way to show your love to clients.
Tell us how you show the love to your clients!